NBA 2K Series Patching
Please login and Enjoy the Site
Thankyou
NBA 2K Series Patching
Please login and Enjoy the Site
Thankyou
NBA 2K Series Patching
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NBA 2K Series Patching

NBA 2K Patching

HomeGalleryLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
NBA 2K10 Release: 6th October North America, 9th October AUS
2K10 Crews are up!
Sim League still has 17 teams free! Salaries are up, Trade block is available for other teams to get a feeling of what you want, Free Agency Available from 10am GMT+10
New Salary Cap is $65,000,000 and Hard Cap is $95,000,000 MLE Set at $3,000,000
Trading is open for the SIM

Just a suggestion to patchers

Go down 
+4
MJ626
123rockstar
flam1ng n1nja11
Senor Shadow Griano
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Senor Shadow Griano

Brownie Points : 15930

Just a suggestion to patchers Empty
PostSubject: Just a suggestion to patchers   Just a suggestion to patchers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 12:29 am

I didn't know where to post this so I just posted it in Tips-Patching Resources, maybe the patchers might find it useful.
Feel free to move it if it's out of place.

I would like to see patchers be a little more organized in releasing their works.
I would like to see in the first page of a thread all the released patches arranged in alphabetical order and by category with corresponding and the date when the patch was released.

IMO, I consider the patch release section in the NLSC a complete mess because of patchers that just release their works in a new post without even organizing. Though some of the old/recognizable 2K patchers are more organized as compared to the newbie patchers, for lack of a better term.

(You can skip reading this part where I rant)
My reason for such a request is that I usually download patches in one go, may it be in a day or in one sitting. I'm assuming I'm not alone others do the same too because of time constraints or other reason they also have.

Back before storage sites were prevalent, patchers usually have their own webpages and the patches they produced are arranged systematically in their downloads section and you can usually see the updates/dates in their main page. It's convenient because one can easily find the patch they want and they can also know "what's new" from a patcher.
Now most patchers just give a link to a storage site without regard to a systematic arrangement and people who want to find a patch mostly waste their time looking for it instead of downloading and enjoying the sweet patches.

(Now you can read again)
It's beneficial not only to us crackheads who want patches but to the patchmaker as well.

First of all, patches are easier to find. People who want the patches will find what they want, get it, and enjoy it immediately in their game. For the patchers, it benefits the exposure of their work, as people will probably download regularly from a thread that has patches that are easy to find.

Second, since the patches are arranged systematically, it will probably lessen annoying post and requests like "please make player [insert name here], PLZ" or "I can't find you [insert name] patch!?!!"
I know you patchers hate those annoying requests from people who don't bother to read.

Third, it lessens the work of the patching community. It's easier for patcher B to find that patcher A has already made a good court/CF/jersey patch, so patcher B moves on and makes a different patch instead which enhances the community's gaming experience because different parts of the game are modded instead of the same patch for the same player/jersey/courts.

Sample:

Players
Joel Anthony CF patch [patching link]
April 1, 2010 [date released]
Joel Anthony MVP gear
May 2, 2010
Chucky Atkins tattoo update
February 22, 2010

Courts
Boston Lakers
Nov. 30, 2012
Chicago Hawks
Dec. 24, 2011
LA Celtics Finals homecourt!
June 30, 2015

Jerseys
Seattle Sonics inaugural
10-30-2015
Milwaukee Bulls new alternate
12-25-2016

...or something to those effect. Just as long as it's systematic and organized.

I suggested this as seeing this is a new site so maybe a good habit can be started here before the patch explosion happens upon the arrival of 2K10. Don't limit it to this site only though, do it to other sites also, NLSC, your own blogpage, your dog's twitter page, etc.
Back to top Go down
flam1ng n1nja11
Admin
flam1ng n1nja11

Brownie Points : 16578

PostSubject: Re: Just a suggestion to patchers   Just a suggestion to patchers I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 15, 2009 1:11 am

moved to General Chat

Also.. Its up to the individual to do what he wants.. On my mediafire you can select the date to help seeing the latest ones. So its not that hard..

Ive also organised the players into teams so its easier to see them.
Back to top Go down
http://forums.nba-live.com/viewtopic.php?f=94&t=67725
123rockstar
Noobie
Noobie

Brownie Points : 15959

PostSubject: I Agree!!!   Just a suggestion to patchers I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2009 7:11 am

I was about to make the same suggestion. cheers I was thinking if we could make sections in these forum.

Example:

Shoe patches Section

Cf patches Section

Cf w/ tatoos and Accesorries added Section

Jersey patches Section

In this way, we can readily look for thing we wanted in a section. I hope you guys hear me out. I love this forum. rendeer
Back to top Go down
MJ626

Brownie Points : 15816

PostSubject: Re: Just a suggestion to patchers   Just a suggestion to patchers I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 23, 2009 6:51 pm

so how this patching works? can u actually download this on to the console???
Back to top Go down
STOMPTHECOURT23
Admin
STOMPTHECOURT23

Brownie Points : 16178

PostSubject: Re: Just a suggestion to patchers   Just a suggestion to patchers I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 28, 2009 7:22 pm

MJ626 wrote:
so how this patching works? can u actually download this on to the console???
No you cannot download this on console it is only for Pc.
Back to top Go down
POLDEBID

Brownie Points : 15757

PostSubject: Re: Just a suggestion to patchers   Just a suggestion to patchers I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 11, 2009 6:23 am

Hey guys to all our incredible patchers thank u so much 4 making our nba 2k9 games more interesting and exciting you've got a very great God given talents kip it up...God bless,,,
i hope you do the dunks 2.0 package coz i watch it in youtube and i think this is much better i hope 2 hear from ol of u tenk u so much....
Back to top Go down
Jordan23

Brownie Points : 15711

PostSubject: Re: Just a suggestion to patchers   Just a suggestion to patchers I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 26, 2009 6:53 am

please help me get MJ
Back to top Go down
KINGJAMES23

Brownie Points : 15709

PostSubject: Re: Just a suggestion to patchers   Just a suggestion to patchers I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 9:50 am

hi to all our great patchers thank u so much 4 alll your works we really appreciate your work because you made our game much more realistic and exciting keep it up can i request can u made the latest cleveland cavaliers throwback jersey color blue and maroon in nba 2k9 tnk u so much God bless...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a suggestion to patchers   Just a suggestion to patchers I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a suggestion to patchers
Page 1 of 1